The big news today is that ChezWEB is now tangling itself. With a bootstrap file, I can get the tangled file, and then that tangled source is now capable of tangling its own source. Things are looking up in the ChezWEB world!
If you are interested, here is a roadmap of version 2:
- CWEB style syntax (no more double backslashes)
- Scribble Syntax support
- Cleaner hygiene that handles threading automatically
- No need to explicitly thread identifiers at the chunk reference site
- Better support for cross-referencing and indexing
- Improved support for hierarchical document layouts.
- Non-hygienic chunks a la CWEB
- A proper Scheme pretty printer
- Chunks can be extended and concatenated
- A single WEB can generate multiple output files (CWEB style)